Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lost: "I Do" Airdate - Nov. 8, 2006

"Whatever happens, everything will be very different won't it?"



Finally, a good nail biter to get us to February. I'm not sure if I saw that coming. I thought when Jack saw Kate...er... Monica...tee hee... with Sawyer he had a change of heart and was going to do the operation in order to save her and the man she has chosen to love. I figured he would go with Juliet's advice and make it look like an accident, but we are way beyond that now. So what do you think? Will Ben live or die? Will February 7th open with Kate still on the walkie-talkie telling Jack, "I can't!"


I'm trying to work out exactly where on the timeline Kate's flashbacks happened. I am assuming it was just after she blew up her father and had been on the run for a short while, but before the bank robbery where she goes to get the toy airplane that belonged to Tom (her childhood sweetheart).I could be wrong on this. The Oceanic tickets that Kevin gave to her to finally go on a honeymoon were to Costa Rica.

She could have swapped the tickets for Australia. If that was the case, then this flashback would have occurred after the bank robbery.

She has also relocated to Miami (note the Miami/Dade police cruiser) to marry Kevin as "Monica." Is Monica a Friends reference? The flashbacks also spanned several months: the night before the wedding, the wedding, and then a little into the marriage...six months to be exact.

When Kate calls Agent Mars (remember that guy?), he says it is the Feast of The Ascension. This happens 40 days after Easter. If they are in the year 2004, Easter was on April 11 and the current date is May 21st. That would also mean that they were married in November of 2003. What does this have to do with anything? I don't know.



Nathan Fillion plays the role of Kevin the cop. You may have seen him on Firefly, Buffy, Saving Private Ryan. I think I remember him best from Two Guys, A Girl, And A Pizza Place. Even though Kate says she only "drugged" him, you're not thinking what I'm thinking are you? Black Widow? Naaaaaa. She seemed to want to protect him from the firestorm of an investigation that was about to happen.



"Compound Breached. Compound Breached." Some interesting things were said as Alex bumrushes the worksite. "Did the doctor get out again?" asks Danny Pickett. "How the hell did she get over here?" This is only adding more fuel to the fire of the second group of Others theory. The doctor that he is referring to, is that Alex or someone else... perhaps Patchy? "You know your not supposed to be here." Where are they keeping the other Others? Why are they "locked up?" Alex really seems to know her way around. I guess rightfully so since she has been there since she was a baby. I'm also wondering why both Pickett and Juliet were keeping her away from Ben? I bet Ben saw all of that anyway in his little monitoring station.

"They're going to kill your boyfriend just like they killed mine." Carl's dead I take it?

Even though I try to stay away from spoilers, I broke down this afternoon and watched three extended scenes that were posted on YouTube. One was the scene in which Locke goes off with Sayid on a "detour." John seems to be figuring some things out. He is theorizing that it was the smoke or "Monster" that brought flight 815 down. If you've been following along you might remember that there was a little phantom that showed up on the very first episode. Let's review:



I'm not sure if Eko told John to get his stick with his last breath, but that's where Locke and Sayid went. I found it somewhat humorous when someone asked about taking Eko back to the camp and John said that they would bury him right there, a comment that made Desmond say, "Are we?" Desmond can see into the future. He probably knows everyone's fate now. It's not a gift that he asked for and he doesn't seem to want to share it. Perhaps it is tormenting him.

It is at Eko's funeral that Locke gets a message. And we have seen the message before back in "Further Instructions" written on Eko's stick.

I'm not sure exactly what it means. I can speculate that Locke's gonna take it to mean head for the mountains. Once there, he will see the other island. I take back my statement about it being hidden. Oh yeah, "it" by the way is the Hydra.

Look that up on lostpedia. I was also reviewing the first episode of this season and it looks like their community IS on the same island as the crash, and they have just taken Jack, Kate, and Sawyer to the Hydra on the other island.

My wife is thoroughly disgusted that Kate hooked up with Sawyer and is probably dry heaving again looking at this pic:


A little earlier based on the look on her face, you would think that Kate loves Jack.

"I'll give you two some privacy." How about a freakin' glory hole?!?

It's getting late and my brain is sort of mushy... can you tell? Let me try to wrap this up. Only a few more things.

Who is Jacob? Did I miss something. He was the one who made the list and Jack wasn't "on the list" according to Pickett. That would mean that only Kate and Sawyer were on the list, right? And why? The only list I have seen was this one from last season's "Three Minutes."


One last thing. Here's a screen capture of the phone booth. I haven't had a chance to look it up yet, but I'm wondering if it will fall under the Hanso umbrella like Widemore Labs, etc.


Ok I lied. One more. The story that Jack tells Kate in the very first episode was about a spinal surgery that he almost botched while in his residency. He said he was just going to let the fear in, but for only five seconds. After he counted to five, the fear was gone. He sewed up the girl and she was fine.

Fear turns to Hope when the series returns on February 7, 2007. "See you on the other side."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your post may me think of something. Ben asked about Alex before going under the knife. Could he be her father and Rousseau's (I know that is mispelled) husband that has been missing all these years. Why else would they tolerate Alex' antics?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Tripp said...

With this show anything is certainly possible. However, Ben says that he has been on the island "all of his life." I'm not sure at this point if that is a physical statment or a figurative one. Steve and I were talking this morning and he was proposing that maybe Ben's life "began" when he came to island. The more I think about it, the more I believe that could be a possible scenerio.

Ben crashes on the island and like Desmond, gets special powers. Because of his "powers" the Dharma leftovers fear him which puts him in charge. It could happen.

Is he Alex's father? Ben was not a part of the French Expedition team who crashed on the island, right? I would assume not. A little research shows that Rousseau was 7 months pregnant when she picked up the distress signal broadcasting the numbers from the island. When she changed course, her team crashed on the island. The baby belonged to Robert whom Rousseau killed because of the "sickness."

Maybe it is something as simple as Ben took Alex as his own and raised her... that would mean I am just waisting space here.

I'm going to go back to season one again this evening and watch the episode where Sayid meets Rousseau and see if I can get any more details.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Tripp said...

One other thing I forgot to include: Rousseau's distress signal has been running for over 16 years so we know she has only been there a little over that ammount of time.

8:02 AM  
Blogger MsYvone said...

I was watching the "phantom" clip from the first episode and I'm not sure that it's nothing more than debris that gets shot off from explosion impact. Take a look at it right before it flys off, a blackish rectangle flitters down to right where it shoots off from seconds later.

Did Alex say Danny? or Daddy? to the Guy that wants to kill Sawyer so badly...

I didn't get a chance to read that far, but did you happen to notice that Mr. Eko rolled a boulder away from the opening in the plane, to discover his brothers body was gone? Even to me, an Agnostic, it seemed much like the "resurrection". Any thoughts?

Great blog, very thorough!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie said....
Just a quick thought. Maybe Ben HAS lived on this island his whole life then the Dharma people move on in it to do their experiments etc., and he's pissed. So one by one he "recruits" the Dharma people who no longer believe in the "experiments" because they feel Dharma has gone "too far". The initative fails lower ranking Dharma people move out, and Ben is now in charge of all the hatches..
and then the food drops still come...
Another quick thought, I thought there was going to be a switcheroo. I was thinking maybe they took the xrays of "someone" with a tumor, and then took Ben's xrays, and then perhaps say.. Juliet switches them so then Ben assumes he has a tumor... get it?
So when Jack went in maybe he didn't even see a tumor. Maybe they were fake xrays...Juliet says "some of us want change". Maybe that's why she would have faked the xrays...But then totally contradicting myself in the same breath, why would Ben want xrays if he wasn't feeling any symptoms of tumor, (tingling, pain, numbness??)

I know, I'm too attached to this show, but look forward to updates during the hiatus...
Namaste..
Leslie (Aaron's Smarter Sister)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Tripp said...

Namaste... funny little greeting. I am finding that world in strange places. It is written on a sign as the "It's A Small World" ride at Disney World comes to an end, and it's repeated constantly over the loudspeaker while in line for Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

Ben's character is so open ended right now, it will be interesting to see what direction they go. Read the TV Guide article that I put in the other post. It really breaks things down as far as what they are doing with the show now as the stretch themselves creatively to fill the space between the beginning and the end. All of the BIG questions and mysteries will not be answered until the end.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!! I thought that when they asked about the dr. maybe getting out again that they were meaning Jack. Remember the time he tried to escape.
Also, do you think Eko was repeating Psalm 23 to Locke before he died-that is what it sounded like me...
Do you think that the character bomb could be that Eko comes back to life for real(not just in weird visions). That would be great- I really liked his character.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tripp, I should have left this response to week 4, but as I was discussing a few things with workmates, someone told me that he was positive that when the Sun shot the woman on the boat (in week 2), Ben walks in on Juliet talking to Jack and says. "The SUB is back. . ." SUB?? Is that how their getting from island to island? Listen to it, and let me know what you think.
Also, in week 2, the harbor that Sayid docks the boat to is labelled "Pala Ferry." I looked up Pala in Wikipedia and it refers the island a cynical journalist is shipwrecked on in the book "Island" by Alduous Huxley. Check it out, it's interesting stuff. He's a good author by the way.
Anyway, I thought these were two really interesting thoughts I hadn't seen posted.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home