Thursday, May 03, 2007

Lost: The Brig - Airdate: May 2, 2007

Before I jump in, I have a few questions that are on the top of my mind: (1) Why did Locke burn Sawyer's file? Obviously Locke learns about Sawyers past, but (2) what else did his file say? (or do you think it's a dead issue now?) (3) What should Jack and Juliet tell Kate?

You know the show is back on track when you are more confused at the end of the episode than you were at the beginning. I need to watch it again, but here's what I have as of right now:

Deciphering The Brig is requiring a lot of reasearch and back tracking. Sawyer's letter to the real "Tom Sawyer" takes us back to season one to Confidence Man and Outlaws. It was in Outlaws when we learn that Sawyer was dooped into killing the man in Sydney. I really need to go back and watch season one again... but where will I find the time?

It was finally confirmed in this episode that Locke's dad is the same man that ran the con on Sawyer's family and set things in motion for James to have horrible life. I remember there was some speculation on my blog last season that he would infact turn out to be the same guy. If you want to look back, it was during last March around the Lockdown episode. I'm still trying to figure out just why Locke could not kill him. After everything that (we'll call him Anthony Cooper since that was his best known alias according to Lostpedia.org) Anthony put him through you would think that he would have no problem slicing his throat. That's just the person that Locke is I guess. He seems to have always been a spiritual man who would have a problem with violating any of the Ten Commandments. I wonder if he read something in Sawyer's file (the one Richard Alpert gave him on the hill) that solidified his position on why he should not kill...

***More To Come***

"...and miles to go before I sleeep, and miles to go before I sleep..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tripp,
Last week in talking with my co-worker, we began to come to the conclusion that everyone on the island seems to have issues with their father. When you think about all the characters, they all seem to have something going on with their father that needs resolution. The episode last night shows us that Ben obviously had issues with his father, as well. Just a strange coincidence!!!!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home