Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lost: "Flashes Before Your Eyes" Airdate - Feb. 14th, 2007

Sorry!!! Sorry... sorry... I know I have fallen behind. I was on vacation last week when this episode aired. Disney was having some technical problems with their high speed access in the rooms, so I didn't want to pay for another 24 hours of access. When we got back on Saturday, we finished packing up the house and moved on Sunday... I know, we're insane. Anyway, I have been without internet for almost a week (not including work access thank goodness). Of course all of my screen captures are on my other computer that I haven't even hooked up at the new house yet. The good news is that my DSL should be up and running tomorrow or Friday, and I just got a call that DISH Network is on the way to install as I type. Thank goodness I will have TV tonight. I'm really looking forward to learning more about Jack's tattoos.

"Flashes Before Your Eyes" was just a bizarre and drawn out set up for Charlie's upcoming death. I guess the big question(s) would be WHEN and HOW will he die. If the universe has a way of self-correcting, I guess it is working overtime for Charlie. If you take a look back over the entire series, Charlie has been saved time and time again, even before Desmond started saving his life. He was saved when Ethan strung him up. You could even say that Locke saved him from a possible drug overdose by getting him off of the heroin. There are probably a few other instances that I can't think of right now. I'm betting on a season 3 finale Charlie death or possible death where they leave us hanging until the start of season four. If he dies at all. If you took part in the Lost Experience over the summer and watched some of the video easter eggs, one of the things that Hanso/Dharma was trying to achieve was to alter the sequence of the numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42... the sum being 108). Whoever could change the sequence could change and alter history, at least that is a clue that I got from one of the videos.

The hatch numbers were re-introduced through this entire episode. The clock reads 1:08. A package is being delivered to 815, etc. (Of course I say, "etc." because I can remember anything else. I'm going off the top of my head... I left my notes somewhere. I hate moving... but I love the new house). It was a strange flashback...or was it real? Did Desmond bend time and space when he turned the key? We sort of put that question to Carlton Cuse when he called into Steve and Vikki this morning. Tom called me for a question and I gave him a really geeky one. Was Desmond living out his memory subconsciously or was he physically there re-living his life retaining future memories? Carlton said that they have not committed to time travel just yet... leaving the door open of course for the possibility.

The lady in the ring store was very freaky. "You must do this because it is what you are supposed to do" [paraphrase]. I don't know... I just don't know how this show is going to end. I hope I am not disappointed. If a long metal spike falls our of the back of Desmond's head and Neo shows up, I might just be...lol. I'm sure there are other things to discuss, but I have run out of time. I just got a call from my wife and she said that the Dish guys have been there for an hour and haven't even started. I better have TV tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Trip! I'm sure they'll connect your dish in time. Thanks for all of your insight into LOST. It makes watching so much more fun. Can't wait to see what happens next!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie Said:
I thought this episode was good, it really made you think if DesmondO really went back in time or did he just have these flashes while he was "out of it" after the hatch imploded.
Lots of theories on who the old lady in the ring store was, Penny when she's old, Desmondos sub conscience, or even an Island/Dharma/Others/Mittelos Representative (like Ethan), etc. to get him onto the island.

Charlie's gonna die eventually? That's kind of a bummer, I sorta like him.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

If the guy you get your Coke from turns away from you, you better get ready to rumble.

The writer’s are officially out of ideas. First, they knocked off A Clockwork Orange (Karl being tortured with subliminal imagery). Then, Final Destination (Desmond gets psychic, figures out death’s a comin’ for Charlie, tries to thwart death). Finally, The Scarlet Letter (which wasn’t even a good movie to begin with…(Juliette branded))

If you look down and behind youreself in slow motion as a girl passes you, it really looks like you’re staring at her ass.

You shouldn’t have sex with someone just because you think they’re going to die or you’ll feel a lot of guilt later on when they’re still alive.

In Chinese, Bai Ling means show your cleavage.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...by the way, those are things learned by watching LOST this season.

--a.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small thing from Every Man For Himself - was it just coincidence that the rabbit Ben tricks Sawyer with was albino? It's just the bears are white too...

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home